Ravintsara Organic Essential Oil - 5 ml
Ravintsara Organic essential oil has been commonly misidentified as Ravensara. That is easy to do, as the common name for both oils is similar. The big difference is that Ravintsara is high in 1,8-cineole (over 53%), and is good for easing colds, while Ravensara has almost no cineole, but is high in sabinene and limonene. In addition, Ravintsara has a tonifying effect on the nervous system. It can:
- can help relaxation in cases of tension, stress, anxiety.
- good for colds as it helps with congestion and ease of breathing
- strongly antiviral and antimicrobial
- calms nerves, muscular aches and pains, and promotes sleep
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum camphora ct. 1,8-cineole
Fragrance: “Fresh, earthy, eucalyptus-like with woody and subtle peppery notes.”
Part of Plant: leaf
Extraction process: steam distillation.
Cultivation: USDA organic. Certified by CCOF.
Suggested Use: For topical and aromatic use.
- Use in a diffuser or dilute in a carrier or massage oil.
- Add a couple drops in carrier oil or lotion and rub on chest and throat or
- Inhale vapors directly from your hands
Blends well with: Eucalyptus, wood (Atlas Cedar, Frankincense, Niaouli, Vetiver), mint (Peppermint) and citrus (Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Sweet Orange) families.
Caution: Essential oils high in 1,8-cineole should not be used near the faces of young children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician before use. Keep out of reach of children and away from eye area. Store in a cool, dark place.
Consult an essential oils reference source for suggestion dilution ratios and additional uses.