Red Thyme Organic Essential Oil - 5 ml
Red Thyme Organic essential oil is known for its antiseptic and disinfectant properties. It has a spicy, strong aroma.
- can help stimulate the body's immune system to help prevent and fight infection.
- particularly beneficial for respiratory problems such as coughs and colds.
- warming effect can also be useful for muscular aches and pains.
- used during convalescence, to prevent infection and to treat respiratory infections
Cultivation: USDA organic. Certified by CCOF.
Botanical Name: Thymus zygis ct. thymol
Fragrance: warm, spicy-herbaceous, powerful odor (The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils. p. 228. Reprinted by permission of HarperCollins Publishers Ltd © (1995) (Lawless, Julia).
Part of Plant: leaves and flowering tops
Extraction process: steam distillation
Suggested Use: Use a few drops in a diffuser or dilute in a carrier or massage oil.
- Mix approximately 2 drops of Red Thyme essential oil with 1 teaspoon of carrier oil.
- Inhale 2 drops or add it to hot water for steam inhalation to clear sinuses and improve circulation.
- Add 5 drops to a warm foot bath for relief from toe fungus.
- For rashes rub 2 drops to the affected area.
Blends well with: bergamot, lemon, rosemary, lavender, marjoram.
Caution: Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician before use. Keep out of reach of children and away from eye area. Store in a cool, dark place.
Consult an essential oils reference source for suggestion dilution ratios and additional uses.